The Legal PR Network, formerly known as SCG Legal PR Network, is heading in a new direction and the service is now completely FREE. Join the Legal PR Network at zero cost; get ink and get noticed.
So how does this work? Lawyers will receive media requests from reporters seeking legal sources. We will send the requests to all of our members and they, in turn, may contact the reporters when appropriate. Simple, right? All you need to do is register.
Some words of wisdom: Whether it’s your marketing/office manager or you handling public relations, save yourself the time, money and resources, and first ask yourself the following questions:
- Why does the law firm want public relations at this particular juncture of its business practice?
- Who is the target audience? Does the law firm have several audiences?
- Is the PR strategy realistic?
- What are the specific PR tactics, such as giving CLEs—both online and in person, getting published, becoming a source for the press, conducting seminars, etc.?
- Can public relations goals be met within the allocated timeframe?
- Do you want public relations for practice groups or do you want PR help when working on a specific case?
- How long will the law firm be committed to the PR initiatives?
- Which attorneys will regularly talk to the PR professionals to brainstorm ideas, etc.?
- How frequently will this be conducted?
- How comfortable are the attorneys with talking with the press?
- Do the attorneys have a basic 101 understanding of how the press work?
When done well, public relations achieves several objectives, including being an effective tool to support sales and marketing goals as well as positioning the practice groups as thought leaders and experts. Going through the motions is not enough; it is like having a PR hologram—the firm is committed but not really committed.
Join the Legal PR Network and start getting known as the expert in the marketplace.